Tuesday, May 13, 2008

6 Word Memoir Meme

Carrie tagged me for this Meme, and I'm so glad. This one took a lot more thought than I would have expected, yet was really fun. The Meme orginated over an idea that was prompted by the book written by Larry Smith and Rachel Fershleiser, Not Quite What I was Planning: Six Word Memoirs by Writers Famous and Obscure. It's a compilation based on the story that Hemingway once bet ten dollars that he could sum up his life in six words. His words were- For Sale: baby shoes, never worn.

Here are the rules:

1. Write your own six word memoir
2. Post it on your blog and include a visual illustration if you’d like
3. Link to the person that tagged you in your post and to this
original post if possible so we can track it as it travels across the blogosphere
4 .Tag five more blogs with links
5. And don’t forget to leave a comment on the tagged blogs with an invitation to play!




Not What I Imagined. Better. More.

I wish Jeff were in the picture, too. He needs to be to complete my memoir visual.

And the tagees are:

Shannon at Following Our Bliss

Casey at Quilao Triplets

Cecily, My Chaos My Bliss

Genny at My Cup 2 Yours

Robin at Around the Island

Carissa with Good and Crazy People

If you'd like to participate too, please let me know so I can check out your memoir. I loved this one enough that I wanted to tag my whole blog roll. Actually, I think I will........I'm breaking the rules. Tag, You're it!

24 comments:

Casey's trio said...

I'm always up for a good game of tag, but gosh darnit I have to put my thinking cap on for this one:)

Are You Serious! said...

♡ I love your "words"!!!

Shannon said...

I like that I am going to have to think. I am always looking for an excuse to engage my brain:) Thanks for the tag and I LOVE yours...Perfect!

Homegrown Tribe said...

love the picture... such a cute family.

Brittany

The Jensens said...

I love this! Angie I'm so glad we have gotten to know eachother better through blogging!

Genny said...

Thanks for the tag! Okay, here's a dumb question...I got tagged for this same meme by someone else too. Okay to still do one memoir? (I hadn't written it yet.) Smiles,
Genny

Sean Gates said...

I'm glad you have such a knack for writing. And a desire as well! I could probably come up with a good one but am completely unmotivated. LOL

But, I might write one if I won a house! My friend is giving away his house if you write an essay and he chooses it. The entry fee is $100: http://100housecontest.com

Hope you are well!
-- Sean

Carissa(GoodnCrazy) said...

I'm a party pooper when it comes to MEMEs. See my post here:
http://goodandcrazypeople.blogspot.com/2008/04/meme-mothers-eagerly-morphing-into-ewes.html

But for you...I'll try.

Your six words are perfect, btw.

Cecily R said...

Now that IS a cool meme...I will most certainly do it. Soon. Keep me honest and don't let me forget!

I LOVE your six words. Perfect.

Kristin said...

How about this?
I am too dumb for this.
or this?
what? I have a life? No!
or this
where did all the time go?
ok, this is it
baby, you never looked so good.
(I know, I'm bizzare, but I am cracking myself up here)

Heather said...

I love the "more" part!

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

I love it! And you did a way better job linking to the origin... getting all that background in there! Beautiful picture!

Laurie said...

I love your words. Very good job! You have such a talent with your writings.

Tracy said...

what exactly does meme stand for?

Melissa said...

This has nothing to do with anything, but your hair looks great.

My name is Tammie said...

I love it!! Perfect!!!

latree said...

I love the hair colors together.
(that's six)
is jeff taking the picture?

I have another tag for you, if you still want to play... check out in my blog.

Anonymous said...

I read about this somewhere else, and was fascinated by it. So of course, it made me wonder what mine would be. I know I don't usually post comments (more of a lurker these days!), but I'm so pleased with mine that I just had to share it with you:

When I plan, God laughs. Loudly.

Considering I'm just about the most verbose person I know, I was amazed that my whole life really could be summed up in 6 words. Who knew?

Thanks for starting this! I really am fascinated by how much can be conveyed in 6 simple words. :)

Doug & Stacy Fournier said...

Wow, I'm not sure I can think of anything for this! I will try, but I can't guarantee anything, atleast I wasn't really tagged! :) Looks like you have been busy! I'm glad you had a great Mother's Day! The girls things they made you are precious! What a great family you have! I hope you have a great week!

Lottie_Ellie said...

What a beautiful picture and sentiment.

Robin said...

I love your answer. Just beautiful.

Thanks for the tag, I'm working on mine. It's tougher than it looks LOL.

Anonymous said...

I love it! Thinking up six words is harder that I thought but I will reach deep into the cobwebs of my brain and produce something... eventually! I like Janet't six words above! Perfect!

Anonymous said...

Great memoir and fun blog, thanks for playing!

Robin said...

Phew, finally got mine done.