Sunday, October 25, 2009

What Happens in Vegas Doesn't Always Stay in Vegas

Pssst:  I'm giving away a Flip camera this week.  Be sure to check back tomorrow for more details.

SITScation was so much fun. It was over in the blink of an eye, but worth the quick trip to Vegas. I hope you are up for a quick play-by-play!

Jeff and I were able to get away for the weekend (thanks to my MIL for babysitting) and stay in the fabulous Venetian resort. The hotel really is amazing, with incredible restaurants, great shops, large suites and even gondola rides.

SITScation kicked off with a presentation by the controversial but well loved Jessica Gottlieb and then we were introduced to Spirit Jump. I was thoroughly impressed. Meagan (the founder of the non profit organization) is a cancer survivor and proof that one person can make an incredible difference. BlogWorld and SITScation occured during the same weekend and SpiritJump was at both conventions causing quite the stir. They ended up winning the Charity Smackdown that weekend for being the #1 trending topic on twitter (#beatcancer)! Meaghan has promised to guest post here on 7 Clown Circus and I can't wait. We all have the potential to make a difference!

Now back to my story. After the quick intro session of SITScation came dinner at David Burke. Can we just say best steak ever?

The night was really kicked off with the SITScation dance party and ample opportunity to meet most of the bloggers I wanted to. Can we say AMAZING?

9:00 am Saturday morning marked the beginning of the presentations that lasted through the day.

Sugar Jones talked about "beautiful blogging", which is really positive blogging. LOVED her thoughts on this.

And then, Laurie Turk of Tip Junkie Fame. Laurie talked about creating your own experience through blogging. She even mentioned me (hand held over mouth!).

Let me just tell you that both women are absolutely fabulous and Laurie Turk is even cuter and more enthusiastic and sweet in person than you'd imagine.

Jen Hinton (Keep it Classy Jen) spoke to us about vlogging and Alli Worthington of Blissfully Domestic spoke to us about creating our own personal brand. Next came Renee Ross of Cutie Bootie Cakes about building a blogging community and lastly, the SITS panel, which included moi, Heather and Tiffany of SITS, Mama Kat of Mama's Losin It, Francesca of Mayhem & Moxie, Shannon of Phat Mommy and Lula of Lulaville. The SITS panel was over before you could say SITScation, and then the whole conference was finished. Whew!

Wait. I forgot to mention the swag. Oh the swag........T-shirts, jewerly, edible items.....the list goes on.

Now, you can see from my pictures that I was so exciting about seeing so many bloggers that I love that I kind of only took pictures of people. People, by the way that I adore both through their blog and in real life.

May I present "Who is WHO (or is it WHOM) in Vegas?"



Powered by Whrrl



22 comments:

Melissa, Multi-Tasking Mama said...

It certainly was a fantastic time and I soooo enjoyed meeting you in person!!

Kristina P. said...

It sounds so amazing!

T Rex Mom said...

That sounds like such a fun time. I hope someday to take a trip minus kids. I grew up in the Vegas area but I still enjoy going back for a visit now and then. Glad you enjoyed yourself.

The Black Sheep said...

Sounds like you had such a great time!!

S Club Mama said...

how much fun!

Amy said...

What a fun time all of you had..

Casey's trio said...

Looks like lots of fun!!!

Kristin said...

What a great trip. I am so jealous.

Susie said...

It sounds fantastic! I am sorry that I had to miss it:-(

Lori said...

Sounds like it was a fun time!

Jen said...

Oh I am so excited to get another chance at that Flip camera.

And yes, SITScation what AWESOME!!!!
But I just wish that we could have spent more time together. It just went by too quickly.

Bina said...

Sounds like a blast...glad you had a good time! :)

Carissa(GoodnCrazy) said...

I'm watching it NOW!

Justine said...

OMG, this must have been so much fun. I loved looking through all the pictures you took! I wonder if this is something I would ever be ready for... blog-wise, I mean?

You rock, Angie!

Oh, btw... I'm a Jumper, but haven't yet "jumped".

Justine :o )

CC said...

sounds awesome and amazing!!!!!!!!!

AiringMyLaundry said...

That sounds fantastic!

Rhonda said...

I was so happy to meet some of my blogging friends in real life!! You're awesome! And so is Jeff! Next on the agenda - Back yard BBQ at your house!

Erin said...

Looks like so much fun!! Wish I could have been there!

Lula! said...

OK...going to look at the pictures now. I'm sure I'll be PRAYING in any shots you may have of me.

Kacey said...

Oh Angie! This sounds like so much fun. Not only is Vegas a fab place to have a grand time but combine that with a ton of fun bloggers and you got yourself a partay! LOL

Label Daddy Mommy said...

Angie!

I'm lovin' reading all the awesome Sitscation re-caps this weekend. I totally wish I could have met more of you, but am already familiar with you blog so I FEEL like I know you.

Hopefully next time we're at the same conference I can sit down and chat with ya! Thanks for helping us, as a Sponsor, feel welcome at Sitscation this year!

* TONYA * said...

Hanging my head in shame that I'm only just swinging by here.

I still cannot believe I got to meet you and hug you IN REAL LIFE. I'm still bouncing up and down :).

You are fabulous.